Welcome to your one-stop guide for USC print and online editorial
This guide serves as a compass for you as you strive to make your USC stories, photos, videos, graphics and other communications tools shine.
It’s meant for…
- USC University Communications staff
- Communications staff at USC schools, units and institutes
I’m a writer, editor or producer.
What will I find here that matters to me?
- How to submit stories, photos and videos for USC News consideration (and improve the chance they’ll get published)
- How to write and submit useful tags, subheads and headlines
- USC university style guide – and it’s searchable!
- Contact info for the people who put together USC News, USC Trojan Family Magazine and USC’s Facebook/Twitter and other social media
“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
I work on USC News. What’s here for me?
- Instructions on how to upload content to WordPress, from creating pull quotes to hyperlinking. Includes a cheat sheet.
- How to crop photos and upload slideshows